Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Soccer Game

C is playing Fall soccer now and seems to be enjoying it much more than T-Ball. I also enjoy watching it more than I did T-Ball. He had a really good game this past Saturday. He seems to have learned to take the ball and turn it around with his foot. He is the tallest and has the longest skinniest legs of any of the kids. His coach is pretty impressed with how well he is picking up the game (but he may be telling that to all the parents, heehee). He scored two goals on Saturday! He did make a mistake though that was pretty funny. He was kicking the ball along the sideline and doing really well and was getting close to bringing it in toward the goal, when he reached down and tried to nudge the ball with his hand to keep it straight. It was so cute! He has two games this weekend, so I am looking forward to those.
We are also going to an NC State Football game! I am super excited about that. It will be so much fun. We went to our first local high school football game this past weekend with C. Chris and I had gone to see a few when I was pregnant, but we hadn’t been to see another one since. C was so excited and really got into the game. He was rooting for the team and picked a player to cheer for (even when said player was not even in the game). I am sure the kid was like who is that kid cheering for me? He fell asleep during the last few minutes of the game and we went home. I still can’t believe he fell asleep in all that loud noise of the stadium. I carried him back to the car and by the time we got to the car my arms felt like jello. I guess the 3 pounds he gained to bring him to a whopping 40 even makes a difference.
Here is the video of the soccer goal:

No comments: