Thursday, August 30, 2012

Minnie Dresses


The last project I made for Disney was Minnie Mouse pillowcase dresses. I have made a few and I use a pretty rough pattern that I doubt I’d remember if I had to since it was a compilation of three different blog tutorials. Luckily, I remembered my friend Kim’s post about all her Disney clothes she did for her trip to Disneyland and we had even discussed that the tutorial she used was super easy. I decided that since I was crunched for time, I would do a very easy one. 

It took me a few reads to get it, but once I did, the dresses were super easy. I then copied Kim’s idea and added the letters to the dresses. I just free handed the letters, the traced backwards onto the steam a seam. Pretty simple. The only down side is the expensive Disney fabric is super thin, but I am thinking the girls will appreciate that in the Florida heat. 

Minnie Dresses: 
IMG_1899 
















 
 Letter up close: 
IMG_1900

No comments: