Saturday, February 23, 2008

Attempt at Volunteerism

Today we were supposed to go glean fields for an organization called Society of St. Andrew. We were going to introduce the kid to volunteerism and it would be a good and fun way to do it. Go pick collards for those less fortunate. We all got in the car, our friend Elysia and her two kids Gabby and Derrick, Chris, Christopher and myself. I was quite shocked and happy with us that we were on our way to the field and were going to only be a few minutes late. Then, the lady called to cancel, it was raining hard, thundering, and lightning. I learned today that , you cannot pick in the fields during lightning or thunder (not that I would have wanted to) because it is dangerous. We are going to try it again in April. I was pretty bummed we didn't get to do it.

So instead we ended up at Chick-Fil-A. I am such a regular customer there it is not even funny! I was just there this past Tuesday for family night where I totally lucked out and got a free cow, free calendar, and the kid made his own Sundae, which I got to finish.
Here are a few pictures of the kids being silly in the play area of CFA. They love to play there.