Friday, February 20, 2009

Kitchen Helper

C wanted to help make dinner and we decided lasagna would be a fun way for him to help. I wanted him to be really involved, so I made a few modifications.

Here is the recipe I used:
Bag of Frozen Meatballs, thawed and soaked overnight in sauce
Tub of Ricotta
2 eggs
~2 TBS Italian Seasoning
2 cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup parmesan cheese
Lasagna Noodles

I had him cut the meatball bag, pour the meatballs into a bowl and then pour the jar of sauce over them.
The next day we had to get our hands dirty and dig into the sauce and break apart the meatballs. He loved this part, getting his hands all dirty and breaking them up with his hands.
He got to dump the ricotta in, measure a cup of mozzarella, and a ½ cup of parmesan cheeses and mix all together after I put the two eggs in.
I boiled, drained and rinsed the noodles so he would be able to place them in the pan.
I had him do the layers, he really enjoyed making dinner. We ended up doing a ¼ of the lasagna with no cheese at all. We called that part the cheeseless lasagna since C will not eat cheese at all. The meal turned out yummy and we all enjoyed the lasagna made by C.
My Serious Cooker
Photobucket
My Happy Cooker
Photobucket

No comments: