Thursday, April 17, 2008

Karma

C came home from school the other day saying that one of his classmates had thrown the ball at a bird and her nest and broke the bird's eggs in the outdoor classroom. He was very sad to learn at school that if the eggs get broken they will never become baby birds. We then talked about what baby birds look like, will the mommy bird have more eggs, what do the baby birds look like in eggs and more. He talked about it all week how the kid threw the ball and then broke the eggs and how sad it made him. He said the mommy bird was sad, too.
Well, he came home today and said the same kid fell down and scraped his knee today. I couldn't help but think ain't karma a b1tch. I know, I know, I know, so mean of me to think. Very mean of me to think. But, he made C so sad by breaking the bird eggs. I am glad he didn't really get hurt because then I would feel even more guilty of thinking that.

1 comment:

Diario de Elysia said...

That is sad, kids can be sooo mean...and yes Karma is a BITCH!